Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some George Carlin quotes

My friend Kiran posted a video of George Carlin on Facebook. From Wikipedia - "George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, actor, and author, who won five Grammy Awards for his comedy albums."

Below are some fantastic quotes by him -

20. Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice?”
24. I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.
38. Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.
45. Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.
50. The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Someone commented this about him - "He’s the only realist who has sense enough to put humor behind his ideas."

Great ideas presented in a dry manner can just float over the audience. (I am used to this...the floating part...over me I mean)

No comments: