Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tired of being pissed off

American History X is a movie made in 1998. The protagonist is Derek Vinyard who is pissed off with state of the society. If not as much as Derek Vinyard, we still get pissed off with a lot of things as we get acquainted with how some things work in our society.

Below are two quotes (which I think) summarize the lesson that the movie intends to tell... and I hope to remember via this post.

1) Derek Vinyard to his brother Danny: I'm tired of being pissed off, Danny. I'm just tired of it.

2) Bob Sweeney: There was a moment, when I used to blame everything and everyone for all the pain and suffering and vile things that happened to me, that I saw happen to my people. Used to blame everybody. Blamed white people, blamed society, blamed God. I didn't get no answers 'cause I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the right questions.
Derek Vinyard: Like what?
Bob Sweeney: Has anything you've done made your life better?

No comments: